- To maximize your clients application time emphasize how important it is to arrive makeup and oil free. If this is not possible advise your client to come 15 minutes early in order to remove all makeup and oils from the eye and eyelash area prior to start time. If a client does not come early to remove makeup then it would come off of their application time.
- Apply under eye pad
- Immobilize the eye with taping technique
- Prime the lashes and dry for 15 seconds with a fan
- Brush with mascara wand
- Put adhesive on jade stone
- Apply each extension to a single isolated natural lash. Drop the lash 1 mm from the lash line. Do not adhere to the skin.
- Once every full grown eyelash has an extension attached the application is complete
- Dry with a fan for 2 minutes and brush well with mascara brush
- Remove the tape and under eye pads
- Make sure the client is not “stuck” anywhere before getting up – unstick if needed
Applying the Under Eye Pads
Have your client look to the back corner in order to fully open the eye and place the under eye pad over top of the lower lashes securing them down. Do not place the eye pad within the eyelid margin, conjunctiva or the cornea to avoid any possible irritation to the eye.
Once both under eye pads are placed and the eyes are closed you can adjust the placement slightly if necessary in the inner and outer corners of the eye.
If the under eye pad is improperly placed it will restrict proper application – take off and place again properly.
Lift the client’s eyelids slightly to ensure no bottom lashes are present. If they are replace the under eye pad to ensure no lower lashes are loose. Check the bottom lashes periodically throughout application to ensure all lower lashes remain secure and under eye pad has not shifted.
Immobilizing the Eye with Taping
Health Canada requires that the eyes remain immobilized during lash application.
Apply one piece of tape to the outer lateral corner or the eyelid and gently pull horizontally toward the ear and adhere into place.
Apply one piece of tape at a slight angle to the inner eyelid and gently pull diagonally toward the opposite brow and adhere into place.