Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Will Tape-Ins Last?
- One of the benefits of this popular technique is that it can last up to eight weeks with proper care. This is longer than most other types of hair extensions, which typically need to be reapplied every four to six weeks. Tape hair extensions are also less likely to cause damage to your natural hair than other types of hair extensions. The initial application is required by a licensed professional hairdresser. In case you’re wondering, there are many ways to make your tape-ins last longer, most of which we’ll discuss in this guide.
Will the tape-in method damage my hair?
- No. they will not damage your own hair if they are applied and removed correctly by a licensed professional hairdresser. They are made from Remy hair and are easily attached to your natural hair with tape. However, if they’re not installed properly, they can cause strain on your natural hair and lead to breakage. Tape-in extensions are not permanent, so they can be removed at any time. They can also be reinstalled with replacement tape!
Can tape-in hair extensions be reused?
- Yes, they can be reused! With proper care, they can last up to eight weeks. To extend the life of your tape-ins, we recommend using a sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner, as well as avoiding heat styling tools…. Or using heat tools on low to medium heat. To reapply tape-ins, you can use single-sided or double-sided replacement tape that is specifically made for tape-in hair extensions. A set of tape-ins can usually be reused 3 to 4 times before the quality of hair extensions start to deteriorate. The longevity of the hair depends on how well you maintain them.
Can you make Tape in extensions work with curly hair?
- If you have curly hair and want tape-in extensions, we recommend finding a tape-in hair extension that matches your natural curl pattern. You can also get curly hair extensions that are pre-curled to match your natural curl pattern, but they are harder to blend and may not look as natural. . If you’re not sure what tape-in hair extension is right for you, consult with a licensed professional hairdresser.
- The important thing to keep in mind is that you’ll need to take extra care of your tape-ins to prevent them from getting tangled. We recommend using a wide-tooth comb and a leave-in conditioner to help detangle.
Can your hair grow with tape-in extensions?
- Yes! Your hair will grow naturally with tape-ins. Since this method is very lightweight, it reduces the strain on your scalp so it’s less prone to damage. The tape will not prevent your hair from growing. However, it can cause irritation or discomfort if the tabs are placed to close to your scalp. As your hair grows out, the tape-ins will begin to slip further and further down… You should wait for 2 to 3 inches at most before getting them installed with double-sided replacement tape.
Can you still put your hair up with tape in extensions?
- Yes! You can still put your hair, in fact, it’s one of the best things about this technique! The tape will not prevent your hair from being styled in any way. However, you need to make sure your installation is clean so pieces of the extensions can’t be seen in your hairstyle. That’s a big no-no, as it gives away your best-kept secret! You can achieve a number of hairstyles with tape-in hair extensions installed, from a sleek bun to beachy waves. The options are endless! Since they are made of human hair, they will easily blend in with the majority of hairstyles.
Do I need to wash my hair before getting them installed?
- Yes, you should always wash your hair before getting tape-in extensions installed. This will help the tape adhere better to your natural hair. We recommend using a clarifying shampoo to remove any buildup from your hair.
Can I colour my tape-in extensions?
- Yes, you can colour them!